Besides cleaning house (snicker) come November, I think the next thing that needs to be focused on is our tax system. Because, if you haven't noticed (and who hasn't?), it stinks. And if we want to have any hope of being able to pay for all this entitlement crap, we've got to find a way to generate the money. The way things stand now, we've got no chance in hell of being able to support any entitlement programs. And like Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid, we'll probably never be able to repeal Obamacare. Even if it were possible, I like to be practical.
So, what's the answer? The Fairtax. Oh my goodness, I've never been so in love with an idea. It is brilliant in it's simplicity.
From their site:
- Enables workers to keep their entire paychecks
- Enables retirees to keep their entire pensions
- Refunds in advance the tax on purchases of basic necessities
- Allows American products to compete fairly
- Brings transparency and accountability to tax policy
- Ensures Social Security and Medicare funding
- Closes all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation
- Abolishes the IRS
The Republicans said they were listening, let's make them prove it!